Infineon Technologies MERUS Audio Reference Boards
Infineon’s MERUS MA120 series reference boards includes proprietary Merus Class D multi-level amplifier ICs.
These ICs can output at up to 5 voltage levels instead of 2, resulting in high efficiency, improved audio quality, and a smaller size with less reliance on filters. The reference boards have two BTL audio channels rated up to 80W per channel, with the option to configure for PBTL operation.
Analog or digital audio inputs are available, and an onboard regulator allows the boards to operate from a single supply. The power-efficient operation requires no heatsink, and the multilevel technology eliminates the bulky output LC filter, requiring only a small EMI filter for operation.
- MERUS Audio ICs with multi-level output
- Higher efficiency, improved audio quality, and smaller solution size
- Audio channels: 2x BTL or 1x PBTL
- Output power capability: up to 2 x 80W
- Audio input format:
- MA12040 and MA12070 Analog
- MA12040P and MA12070P Digital (I2S)
- Supply voltage range:
- MA12040(P): 5V to 18V
- MA12070(P): 5V to 26V
- Heatsink-free operation
- PCB connection to IC heatsink pad provides sufficient cooling
- LC filter-free operation
- Only a small, SMD-sized EMI filter is needed
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.