Molex Coeur CST High-Current Interconnect System | Tech Specs
This episode of Tech Specs is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Molex Coeur CST High-Current Interconnect System
Molex Coeur CST series sockets are offered in 3.4, 6, and 8-millimeter diameters, with current ratings ranging from 30A to 200A. All sizes provide an industry-leading 1mm of float to accommodate misalignment for easy mating.
The float allows the entire core socket assembly to move within the housing without adding stress to the contacts or increasing resistance due to contact deflection. Sockets are offered in press-fit and SMT variants with a pick-and-place cap. CST series male pins are available in various lengths to set stack height.
The pin won’t protrude above the socket with top entry mating, maintaining a low profile and reducing PCB or bus bar clearance requirement. Additionally, the pins are available in screw mount.
- 3.4mm, 6mm, and 8mm diameter sizes with 30A to 200A current ratings
- Industry-leading 1.0mm float in all three sizes
- No added stress on contacts and no resistance increase due to contact beam deflection
- Press-fit and SMT sockets - pick-and-place cap on SMT sockets
- Male pins set stacking height: 12.00mm to 31.75mm pin lengths
- Mated profile as low as ~5.00mm, no pin protrusion above the socket with top entry mating
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.