Silicon Labs Si5332 6/8/12-Output Any-Frequency Clock Generators
Silicon Labs' Si5332 are designed to replace multiple clocks ICs and oscillators. The Si5332 is available with up to 12 outputs at up to 312.5 MHz and uses Silicon Labs' proprietary MultiSynth technology to generate any combination of output frequencies with excellent jitter and 0 ppm frequency synthesis error. Output formats are individually configurable, and outputs are grouped into banks with independent voltages for use in mixed-supply applications. It has a fully integrated PLL and can be driven with an external crystal, differential clock, LVCMOS clock, or an optional embedded 50 MHz crystal. The Si5332 supports programmable spread spectrum, with down and center spread spectrum modulation capability from 0.1% to 2.5%.
- Output: 6/8/12 clocks up to 312.5 MHz (LVCMOS up to 170 MHz)
- Jitter: 230 fsRMS
- Output format: LVDS, LVPECL, HCSL, LVCMOS (configurable per output)
- Output banks: individual supply voltage per bank (1.5-3.3 V, format dependent)
- Clock input: external crystal, differential, LVCMOS, embedded crystal (optional)
- Spread spectrum: down and center, 0.1% to 2.5%
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.