STMicroelectronics 12-channel LED Drivers
STMicroelectronics’ LED1202 programmable 12-channel LED driver enables smoother and natural lighting effects for smart-home devices, wearables, and small appliances.
The LED1202 features 12 low-side current generators, each capable of sinking 20mA and tight current matching between channels. The LED1202 can store 8 programmable patterns with 8-bit analog dimming control and 12-bit PWM resolution to create different patterns and lighting effects.
Multiple drivers can be used in applications requiring more than 12-channels, with two pins to set one of 8 I2C slave addresses, and a global address used to synchronize multiple drivers.
The LED1202 uses phase shifting to reduce inrush current and has open channel detection and overtemperature protection.
- 12 low-side current generators
- 20mA current capability per channel
- 1% matching at 16mA, 2% at 2.5mA
- Volatile memory to store 8 programmable patterns
- 8-bit analog dimming (set per channel)
- 12-bit local PWM resolution
- 8 configurable I²C slave addresses
- Global address for multi-driver synchronization
- Phase-shifting between channels reduces inrush current
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.