STMicroelectronics VIPER122 High Voltage Converter | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
STMicroelectronics VIPER122 High Voltage Converter
STMicroelectronics’ VIPER122 High Voltage Converter integrates a 730V rugged power MOSFET and PWM controller optimized for use in flyback and buck converters.
The VIPER122 is housed in a compact 10-lead SSOP package and also includes a 3.3V reference, high voltage startup, and current sense circuitry to reduce external component count and solution size. The converter operates at a 60kHz switching frequency and includes frequency jittering to reduce EMI.
The device also supports burst mode operation to improve light-load efficiency and has very low no-load power consumption. The VIPER122 can deliver up to 11W, depending on the supply voltage and design. It also has built-in short-circuit protection and thermal shutdown.
- Package: SSOP10, 6mm x 4.9mm x 1.75mm
- Integration: PWM controller, 730V avalanche rugged power MOSFET, 3.3V reference, high-voltage startup, current sensing
- Operating frequency: 60kHz
- Frequency jittering for low EMI
- Burst mode operation for light load efficiency
- 40mW no-load input power at 230VAC
- Typical power capability:
- 230VAC VIN: 9W adapter, 11W open frame
- 85-265VAC VIN: 5W adapter, 6W open frame
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.