Fixed-Point Pipelined Quadratic Polynomial
Quadratic_func is a fully pipelined quadratic polynomial that computes the relation y = ax^2 + bx + c. On each rising-edge of the clock (when en is high), the coefficients and input x term are sampled at the function inputs. The result has a latency of 3 clock cycles. All inputs to the function are 8-bit signed fractions, with the generic parameter 'fw' specifying the number of fraction bits. The output result is a 24-bit signed fraction. If integer arithmetic is preferred, then the parameter fw should be set to 0. For larger bit-widths, the design can easily be scaled up to suit the application.
- Computes the relation y = ax^2 + bx + c
- Signed 8-bit fixed-point input
- Signed 8-bit fixed-point coefficients
- Signed 24-bit fixed-point output
- Configurable number of fraction bits
- Dynamic coefficients updated every clock cycle
- No internal loss of precision (no rounding or truncation)
- Fully pipelined architecture
- Result has a 3 clock-cycle latency
- Fully tested and complete
- Future versions to support generic input data and coefficient widths as well as fraction width
Help and Support
Simon Doherty is a Senior Design Consultant at ZIPcores If you require further assistance regarding the implementation of this core, you may contact me directly via my Opencores email alias at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you may contact me through customer support at ZIPcores.