Cypress Semiconductor Semper NOR Flash Memory | New Product Brief
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
Cypress Semiconductor Semper NOR Flash Memory
Cypress Semiconductor Semper NOR Flash Memory is a high performance, safe, and reliable storage NOR flash memory solution that exceeds automotive quality and functional safety requirements.
The memories are ASIL-B compliant, ASIL-D ready, with features such as SafeBoot, ECC, and Data Integrity Check to protect against data corruption and system failure. Semper also features Cypress’ EnduraFlex Architecture, which simplifies design while providing partitions optimized for endurance beyond 1 million writes or 25-year retention.
Semper NOR Flash Memories are available with Quad SPI, Octal, and HyperBus interfaces, and can operate at up to 400Mbps, and the AutoBoot feature enables immediate access to the memory array following power-on, enabling instant-on capability.
- ISO 26262 ASIL B Compliant and ASIL-D ready
- Safety and reliability: SafeBoot, ECC, Data Integrity Check and Interface CRC
- EnduraFlex Architecture provides optimized partitions
- Up to 25-years data retention
- 1+ million program/erase cycles
- Interfaces: Quad SPI, Octal, HyperBus
- Data rate: up to 400Mbps (DDR, 200MHz)
- AutoBoot: immediate access to the memory array following power-on
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.