HARWIN Kona 8.5mm Pitch High Reliability Power Connector | New Product BriefApril 25, 2021 by Mouser Electronics
This New Product Brief (NPB) is part of a video series highlighting the features, applications, and technical specs of newly-released products.
HARWIN Kona 8.5mm Pitch High Reliability Power Connector
Harwin Kona 8.5 millimeter Pitch High Reliability Power Connectors are designed to provide maximum power in EVs, UAVs, industrial robotics, and other extreme environment applications. The connectors feature a 6-finger beryllium copper contact design that ensures electrical continuity under heavy shock and vibration, with full gold plating of the contact for durability. They can carry up to 60 amps per contact at up to 3000 volts on an 8.5 millimeter pitch with up to 4 contacts per connector and the contacts are individually and fully shrouded to prevent physical damage and accidental touching. The connectors feature a mate-before-lock design that prevents damage during the locking process, and they use stainless steel thumbscrews for a fast and robust connection. Harwin Kona connectors can operate from negative 65 to positive 150 degrees Celsius and have low outgassing properties.
- 6 finger Beryllium Copper contact design
- Maintains electrical continuity with 100G shock and 20G vibration
- Plating: Full gold plating of contacts for durability
- 250 mating cycles
- Current Rating: 60A per contact
- Voltage Rating: 1,500V AC/DC
- Maximum Voltage: 3,000 V AC/DC
- Configurations: single row with 2, 3, or 4 contacts
- Individually and fully shrouded contacts
- Mate-before-lock Design
- Stainless steel thumbscrews enable fast and robust connection
- Operating Temperature Range: -65°C to +150°C
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.