Texas Instruments IWR1642BOOST mmWave Sensor
Texas Instruments IWR1642 BoosterPack is an easy-to-use evaluation board for the IWR1642 mmWave sensor. The IWR1642 is a single-chip solution for FMCW radar, capable of operating between 76GHz and 81GHz with a continuous chirp up to 4GHz. The IC integrates the RF front-end, a C6740-series DSP, and an Arm® Cortex®-R4F.
The BoosterPack has everything needed to start developing with both the DSP and the R4F core, including an XDS110-based JTAG with a serial port interface for flash programming, while the onboard antenna facilitates rapid testing. There is also a UART-to-USB interface and a CAN-FD transceiver. The board can connect to TI MCUs through the TI LaunchPad interface or to the TI MMWAVE-DEVPACK through a 60-pin connector.
- IWR1642: single-chip FMCW radar sensor.
- 76 to 81GHz coverage with 4GHz continuous bandwidth.
- XDS110-based JTAG with a serial port interface for flash programming.
- Onboard antenna to enable field testing.
- UART-to-USB interface for control, configuration, and data visualization.
- Easily connects to TI LaunchPad MCU boards or MMWAVE-DEVPACK.
New Industry Products are a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way editorial content is not well suited to. All New Industry Products are subject to strict editorial guidelines with the intention of offering readers useful news, technical expertise, or stories. The viewpoints and opinions expressed in New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.