Day 2: Tuesday’s Lineup Highlights Engineering EducationSeptember 01, 2020 by Kate Smith
Day 2 comes in with a keynote speaker near and dear to All About Circuits' heart.
Industry Tech Days has been very well attended and Live Session attendees have posed engaging (and sometimes challenging) questions to our speakers.
The event has already garnered over 6,000 registrants and 11,000 webinar attendees with four more days of continuing education on the horizon. Of particular note was Omron's Live Session yesterday morning, "Omron MOSFET Relays and Modules", which had hundreds of registrants gather to hear Zac Hendrix explore the details of their G3VM MOS FET products.
Another clear Day 1 highlight was the keynote by Richard Barry, Senior Principal Engineer at Amazon Web Services and co-founder of FreeRTOS.
Barry engaged in conversation with Dave Finch, New York Times bestselling author, engineer, and host of Moore's Lobby, the All About Circuits podcast. This non-traditional keynote address format brought levity and warmth to a topic that could easily have been dense and unwieldy—IoT processing techniques. Catch the recording here.
We have already heard from many of you who have shown great support for the event. We're ecstatic to show you what else we have up our sleeve.
Keynote: "Why Open Online Courses Are the Future of Engineering Education"
By Anant Agarwal, CEO/Founder of edX and MIT Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Bright and early at 8:00 AM Eastern, you can tune in to hear a truly special keynote that is exceptionally meaningful to All About Circuits. Professor Anant Agarwal is the co-founder and CEO of online education powerhouse edX, which serves up hundreds of courses from prestigious universities across the United States in undergraduate, graduate, and microdegrees.
Today, Professor Agarwal will be delving into the topic of online education for engineers. He'll discuss the role of massive open online courses or MOOCs, as well as the challenges and rewards of moving education online.
You can register for Professor Agarwal's keynote here.
Don't forget that you can register now and listen later when the recording is released as an on-demand video.
Tuesday's Live Sessions
Here are the Live Sessions you'll see happening on the hour (the times below are for the Eastern time zone):
- 9:00 AM — "Data Collection Demands from 5G/IoT/IoMT Connected Medical Devices" with C&K Switches
- 10:00 AM — "How to Easily Achieve High System Safety Levels for Autonomous and Electric Vehicles with NXP System Basis Chips" with NXP
- 11:00 AM — "How SiC Boosts Efficiency and Power Density in a 3.3 kW CCM Bidirectional Totem-Pole PFC" with Infineon
- 12:00 PM — "Customizable Power Adapters: More than Just a Black Box" with CUI Inc.
- 1:00 PM — "Designing an Integrated PMU for IoT on 22FDX Technology - Part 1" with Mentor, a Siemens Business
- 2:00 PM — "Higher Manufacturing Throughput and Faster OTA with Flash" with Winbond
- 3:00 PM — "Learn to Design a Sensor-to-Cloud Condition Monitoring Application with the SensorTile Wireless Industrial Node (STWIN) Development Kit" with STMicroelectronics
- 4:00 PM — "How Design Trends Affect Circuit Protection" with Eaton
- 5:00 PM — "How Connector Solutions Simplify Complex Board Stacking and Shell Integration" with Hirose Electric
- 6:00 PM — "Digi-Key Presents: Design Challenges in Wearable Patient Monitors and Ultrasound Smart Probes" with Digi-Key Electronics
Missed a session you wanted to view? You can still register and check out the video on-demand later.
Each Live Session is another opportunity to become a lucky winner of one of our 100 prize package giveaways (each of which includes a dev board, a soldering mat, and an event t-shirt).
We're still barely getting started this week so buckle up for more expert speakers, more app notes, more product overviews, and more giveaways.