Recently, Digi International announced the release of their newest single board computer (SBC), the ConnectCore 6UL SBC Pro (part number CC-SBP-WMX-JN58). It meets the IEC 60068-2-1 standards for industrial operating temperature and rugged shock/vibration performance. The board is based on the NXP i.MX6UL application processor and offers connectivity options in a Pico-ITX form factor.
The ConnectCore 6UL SBC Pro. Image courtesy of Digi International
NXP’s i.MX6UL Application Processor contains an ARM Cortex-A7 core and an integrated power management (partial PMU integration) to simplify external power supply and power sequencing. Applications for the i.MX6UL range from consumer to industrial products and automotive applications.
In order to address security concerns within the SBC, Digi TrustFence protects the ConnectCore 6UL SBC Pro. Digi Trustfence provides the security for the Digi’s ConnectCore modules. It is based on an integrated Linux security framework, an often-used way to protect embedded IoT devices. Because of this security, designers have secure connections, authenticated boot, encrypted data storage, access-controlled ports, and secure software updates.
The ConnectCore Family
A ConnectCore 6UL Development Kit is also available for designers. A different model of the board, the ConnectCore 6UL SBC Pro-XBee Cellular LTE Cat-1 which is FCC pre-certified and Verizon end-device certified (part number CC-SBP-WMX-JNUP), is coming soon but has no set date.
Other Key Features of the ConnectCore 6UL SBC Pro:
- Production-ready with minimal hardware design effort
- Industrial operating temperature range
- Pre-certified dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity
- Bluetooth 4.2, with Bluetooth Low Energy support
- Out-of-box support for cellular connectivity
- On-board NFC Forum Type 2 compliant tag
- Dual 10/100 Mbit Ethernet networking
- Integrated display and camera capabilities
- Complete Yocto Project Linux BSP with source code
- Peripheral support