Day 3: Industry Tech Days Shifts Gear to Talk About Autonomous Vehicles
We head into the middle of ITD 2021 with a Keynote about innovation, ambition, and really big robots in the form of autonomous semi-trucks.
Welcome to Day 3 of Industry Tech Days! The momentum keeps building as we begin another day of Live Sessions and industry content from experts around the world.
As we move into Wednesday, don't forget that you can use our event navigation page to find event content, exhibitor booths, and more.
Keynote: "From Autonomous Golf Carts to Semis: The Journey to the Self-Driving Truck" by Brandon Moak, CTO and Co-Founder of Embark
Today's Keynote is with Brandon Moak, CTO and Co-Founder of Embark, an autonomous trucking company he founded alongside his CEO straight out of the University of Waterloo and accelerated through Y Combinator. Embark has since grown into a multi-billion-dollar enterprise focusing on scaling autonomous trucking. In 2018, Embark rose to national prominence as they claimed an industry first: an Embark truck completed the first autonomous coast-to-coast route from Los Angeles, California to Jacksonville, Florida.
The challenges of autonomous vehicles are many and autonomous shipping is a unique sub-field where long-range driving and efficient systems are of paramount importance. In this conversation with host Daniel Bogdanoff, Brandon will discuss how he and his co-founder began their journey by designing an autonomous golf cart system on their university campus and pursued their engineering to earn a historic place in the burgeoning autonomous shipping industry.
Check out this session here.
Wednesday's Live Sessions
We've had over 20 Live Sessions already this week and we're not even halfway done! Here's the lineup for Day 3 (the times below are for the Eastern time zone):
- 7:00 AM — "Why MQTT-SN? An Exploration Of the Power-Saving Advantages Of MQTT-SN In IoT Devices" with u-blox
- 8:00 AM — "From Autonomous Golf Carts to Semis: The Journey to the Self-Driving Truck" with Embark's Brandon Moak
- 9:00 AM — "Sensor Fusion – Why Sensors and Data Acquisition Are The Core Of Modern Systems" with Rutronik Elektronische Bauelemente GmbH
- 10:00 AM — "Si vs WBG - Making the Right Choice For SMPS" by Infineon Technologies AG
- 11:00 AM — "Trending Cool Ideas" with Orion Fans
- 11:30 AM — "Hidden Pitfalls of Over Current Protection" with CUI, Inc.
- 12:00 PM — "New High-Surge Voltage Withstand 5A Output Power Supply ICs for Industrial Applications" with ROHM Semiconductor
- 1:00 PM — "Sensing Solutions For Fitness & Well-Being" with Bosch Sensortec GmbH
- 2:00 PM — "Component Selection Considerations for the Latest Computing Applications" with Eaton Electronic Components
- 3:00 PM — "GaN – It’s All About Efficiency" with Power Integrations
- 4:00 PM — "Optimizing Load Transients for Regulators" with YAGEO Group
- 5:00 PM — "Introduction to ST GaN Portfolio - E-Mode, D-Mode, and Integrated Solutions" by STMicroelectronics
As an added bonus, if you are able to come to the live premiere of a Live Session, you have the chance to be a lucky winner of one of our prize packages, each of which includes a custom t-shirt and soldering mat. If you can't make it to the live airing, however, that's completely okay! You'll still be able to catch up with the on-demand video later.
Day 2's Keynote was out of this world. (This is the last space pun this year, I promise.) Daniel had a conversation with two NASA astronauts, Commander Victor J. Glover, Jr. and Colonel Michael Hopkins. You can catch the on-demand version of this session here.
We also had a host of Live Sessions which will also be available on demand this week. You can check out presentations like Eaton's "Supercapacitors Versus Batteries: What Are the Differences?" and "SCD4x: Breaking the Size Barrier in CO2 Sensing" by Sensirion and Digi-Key any time.
Today is the halfway mark of Industry Tech Days but don't worry, we still have a lot to share with you between today and the end of the week. Also, don't forget to use the filtering system of our event content to help you navigate by conference track. Enjoy!